Thursday 17 September 2015

When did you know you were a lesbian...

When I was Eleven kiss chase was never my thing,
I thought maybe I was prudish, not looking for a fling.
With Thirteen came the discos, dancing at opposite ends,
I was the one sat outside, laughing with my friends.
At Fifteen I relented, he wanted to hold my hand, 
My heart definitely didn't flutter, I didn't understand. 
When I was sweet SIxteen, he asked me to stay the night,
I created a duvet barrier and insisted we keep on the light.
At Seventeen he touched my boob playing football on the hill,
My ninja reflexes made me slap him,
And I went home feeling ill.
Eighteen was the year of house parties and knocking back the drink,
I touched my first appendage and vomited in the sink.
Finally at Nineteen in a dingy gay bar toilet,
It came to me an epiphany it's the man bit that always spoils it.
The Women on my walls I didn't just admire,
The female form, this was my norm, it lit my world on fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment