Saturday 19 September 2015

The Endless Mourning

If I told you I missed you, would you come back,
Bring all the emotions I now seem to lack. 
Restart my heart and recharge my soul,
These years without you have taken their toll. 
Would you take my hand and bring back the feeling,
To be able to breathe sounds so appealing.
Take the thoughts from my brain and heal all the scars,
Release the good memories, I keep them in jars.
Dust off the heartache and rekindle some belief,
Give me some hope and vanquish this grief. 
Bring me my innocence, relieve me from the weight,
The hurt is always wanton and never sedate.
Brush away my tears, tangled fingers in my hair, 
Help me find my self worth, my ability to care. 
Tell me white lies, bring colour to the grey,
This is all I ask of you, if only for a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment