Wednesday 16 September 2015

What Anxiety Feels Like

Woke up at three, cramp in my knee, and sat up in my bed, 
Hands are numb, feeling glum, filled with that sense of dread.
Tap was dripping, heart was skipping, looking for the flood,
Caught my reflection, further inspection, no sign of any blood.
Is there a fire, a murderer, a spider crawling up the wall,
Phone starts beeping, I'm quietly creeping,  what happens if I fall. 
What if I die, I start to cry, and sigh at my own sense of drama,
If I try and breathe, will I feel the relief, will it make me any calmer.
Feeling lonely, what if I'm only ever going to be fat,
I'll be found by next door, 'we don't see her anymore' face being eaten by a cat. 
Will I be late for the meeting, stumble at the greeting and get fired by my boss,
Did I lock my door, am I really a bore, will my teeth fall out if I don't floss.
What will happen in Greece, I can hear the police, are there zombies in the street,
My head starts pounding, trying to get grounded, I really do have weird shaped feet.
What if there's an earthquake, did I make a big mistake, am I really late will my bills,
I'm nearly at 30, that floor looks really dirty, did I take too many pills.
Watching the clock, every tick and tock, feels like this night will last forever, 
I thought you were bright what happened to your light, you were always meant to be clever. 
Trapped in my brain, am I going insane, this never ending quandary,  
Morning's here, new things to fear, did I remember to put on the laundry.





No comments:

Post a Comment